My last health & fitness was about me rambling on about really tuning into what I eat, and more importantly that it was healthy food too. I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t want to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen. I like my time to be spent doing much more enjoyable things, especially when I have so much to juggle during the day.
With the weekend in full swing, you blink you are back to Sunday evening before you know it. Sundays are normally moments to rest and recuperate in preparation for the week ahead. I have taken it upon myself to use this down time to winding down and setting out my plan for the week, but I’ll touch on this in a later post.
Right here and right now, it is all about food, and food it shall be. So I conjured this from my quick easy to do meals and it is the most inexpensive meal to make but filled with bags of flavour. I have dubbed this my Stir-Fry Sunday post, so here goes…
Cajun Chicken Stir-Fry
Stir Fry Vegetable Mix – available in most supermarkets
Meat – Fully defrosted chicken or beef cut into strips
Spices – Salt, Black Pepper & Cajun Spice for seasoning
Stir Fry Sauce
- Pour oil in a wok or large pan, once heated add the meat strips. You’ll notice I have used chicken thighs rather than breasts, but this is entirely up to you. This is what I had in the fridge and I simply de-boned these. As long as you’ve got the meat, it’s all good enough to eat 🙂
- Season meat with salt, pepper and Cajun spice and fry until cooked and deliciously brown.This should be about 6-8 minutes.
- Once meat is cooked through, add the vegetable mixture to the pan and fry until cooked through.
- Finally you can then add the Stir-fry sauce to the meat and vegetable mixture and this will need to cook for a further 3-4 minutes to allow the sauce to infuse.
- Depending on what type of noodles you have purchased, ready made noodles can be added to the stir-fry at this stage and they will not need any further preparation. If you do have some that do require preparation, it is always best to cook these before hand and add to the stir-fry once it’s ready.
- Step 6 involves dishing this up for the masses and then….
- Step 7 well, I’m sure you’ll have guessed by now… CONSUMPTION ladies and gentlemen… DIG IN and ENJOY.
Please let me know if you found this post helpful and you’d like me to do these kinds of blog posts on a regular basis.
HAPPY SUNDAY 🙂